MICHAEL ALLAN YARNELL
- Masters in Education, E-education: University of Phoenix, January, 2004
- Juris Doctor, With Honors: University of Illinois, April, 1971
- Bachelor of Science, Business Management: Arizona State University, May, 1967
- Arizona Supreme Court Committee on Continuing Judicial Education and Training (COJET) - 2008-09
- Maricopa County Superior Court Technology Committee, co-chair, 2001-2005
- Maricopa County Superior Court Civil Department Education Committee, chair, 2003-2005
- State Bar of Arizona Continuing Legal Education Committee, member, 1998-2004
- State Bar of Arizona Professional Responsibility Committee (Ethics), member, 1995-2000
Current Professional Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona – Bar Number 002737, admitted April 3, 1971
- American Bar Association – member since 1971
- Maricopa County Bar Association – member since 1971
- American Judges Association – member
- United States District Court, District of Arizona – admitted May 10, 1971
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit – admitted July 17, 1975
- United States Supreme Court – admitted September 19, 1975
- Lorna Lockwood Inn of Court – current member and past president
- Arizona Woman's Lawyer Association – member since 1997
- Arizona Bar Foundation – fellow since 1978
Various Professional Courses and Certifications
- AALS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, January, 2010.
- American Arbitration Association, Complex Commercial Arbitration, 2010.
- Externships 5 conference, Miami, 2009.
- AALS Annual Meeting, San Diego, January, 2009.
- Clinical Law Teachers Conference (CLEA), Tucson, 2008.
- Externships 4 conference, Seattle, 2008.
- American Association of Law Schools (AALS) New Law Teachers Conference, New Orleans, January, 2007.
- Distance Learning Workshop, The National Judicial College, March 5 - 9, 2007, Reno, Nevada.
- Jury Management Course, National Center For State Courts, Institute For Court Management, September 28 - 30, 2005, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Arbitrator I Workshop, American Arbitration Association, April 6-7, 2005, Providence, Rhode Island.
- Science for Judges V, Brooklyn Law School, Center for Health, Science and Public Policy, April 1 - 2, 2005, Brooklyn, New York.
- Distance Learning: A Faculty Development Workshop For Judicial Educators, The National Judicial College, February 28 - March 4, 2005, Reno, Nevada.
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) faculty training – NITA, Boulder Colorado, June, 2004.
- Court Technology and Information Management – National Center for State Courts – Institute For Court Management – February 10-12, 2004.
- The Rule of Law and Justice – American Academy of Judicial Education – January 10-15, 2004.
- Mediation For Judges – American Bar Association – Dispute Resolution Section and Judicial Division – November 11-15, 2002.
- Managing Trials Effectively – Superior Court Of Arizona In Maricopa County – July 31 - August 2, 2000.
- Arizona/Southwest Conference on Genetics in the Courtroom – Arizona Supreme Court and the Einstein Institute for Science, Health & the Courts – February 8-11, 2000.
- Financial Statements in The Courtroom – The National Judicial College – November 7-9, 2001.
- Economic Institute for State Judges – Law and Organizational Economics Center – November 13-19, 1999 and December 11-18, 1999.
- Practical Aspects Of Substance Abuse Issues In Criminal Cases – The National Judicial College – August 17-22, 1997.
- Orientation For General Jurisdiction Judges – Arizona Judicial College, Arizona Supreme Court – January, 1992.
- Quartermaster Officer School, U.S. Army, Fort Lee, Virginia: Fall, 1971.
Academic and Professional Honors
- Board of Directors, INFILAW Award, Externship Program, 2009
- Special Appreciation Award, Seminar on Arizona Civil Disclosure Rules – Largest Seminar Ever – State Bar Of Arizona – May 1, 1992.
- Appreciation Award, Five Years Service on The Committee On Rules Of Professional Conduct – June, 2000.
- State Bar of Arizona Outstanding Contribution To Continuing Legal Education Award, 1988.
- Order of the Coif, University of Illinois Law School, April 1971.
- Graduated 6th in law school class, April 1971.
- Projects Editor, University of Illinois Law Review; 1970.
- Phi Kappa Phi, University of Illinois Chapter, Elected November, 1969.
- How's Who In America, listed for many years
Other Honors and Activities
- Member, current Co–President 2011–2012, and Past Co&ndash:President, Lorna Lockwood Inn of Court. See www.innsofcourt.org
- Member and Past Commodore, Arizona Yacht Club. See www.arizonayachtclub.org
- Past Co-chair, Legal Community Builds A Habitat House, 1999 and 2000. See www.habitataz.org
- Past Member State Bar of Arizona Committee on The Rules Of Professional Conduct (Ethics Committee) – 1995 - 2000.
- " Past Member of many State Bar and Superior Court Committees, including the Civil Rules Committee, Civil Jury Instruction Committee and the State Bar Technology Taskforce.
3217 East Shea Blvd., Box 487, Phoenix, AZ, 85028-3365
Phone: 602.791.3364 Fax: 602.288.7730